Family room needs piers to stop settling

Dear Glenn: In the last few years, I have noticed cracking and separation in some of the bricks of our 1970 ranch. The house has a basement under most areas, except for the family room where most of the stress is occurring. Can you suggest a contractor who can evaluate and possibly correct this problem? Joe, Clinton Township Dear Joe: Your family room probably needs piers to stop and reverse the settling. Call such experts as: Affordable Dry Basement, (800) 310-5700, www.afford; Insta-Dry Waterproofing, (800) 356-0820,; and SAS (800) 894-5115, www.sasbase

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.