Repair cracks in your home’s foundation with the right help

Dear Glenn: I need help, and I don’t know who to turn to. My house foundation that was built in 1991 has a crack that developed 10 years ago, which I assume was from a hard winter and has enlarged over time. It is about 1 inch wide now and has resulted in uneven floors and doorways. Can you give me some advice on what kind of contractor I should contact for an estimate of work to fix the problems? Judy, via e-mail Dear Judy: I would call Foundation Systems of Michigan, (877) 379-6424,, and SAS Construction, (800) 894-5115, Get written quotes from both. I have written an article on checking out contractors that ran in The Detroit News on Sept. 4. You can read it on my help site, Just click on the column archive under Featured Articles in the center of the page, and you can read it and even print it out to save. Use it.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.